G. Corby, now available in a potty near you

All right, it might not be near you, but I am published on a bathroom wall.

Regular reader and commenter Rachel is editor of the erudite publication, Poets in the Potty, at Indiana University. The latest edition of Poets in the Potty includes my short-short "Hello My Friend, You Have Won..." which originally appeared on Rammenas. I am humbled to be on the same page as Emily Dickinson and Ogden Nash.

Anyone within range of Indiana University should immediately go there and rush to the bathroom to read the latest.

Rachel is awarded 10 points for getting me into print before St. Martin's Press.



Poets in the Potty is a seriously good idea. It wouldn't hurt for a few corporates to be doing this.

And here is the final print run:



11 comments:

Matthew Delman said...

I love it!

Must drive there and see this pasted up on the walls of the bathroom myself.

C. N. Nevets said...

It's a 2.5 hour drive, but it might be worth it!

Gary Corby said...

Hey guys, if you do, get a photo of it up on the wall, would you please?

Also, buy Rachel a coffee for me. I'm jealous you're all so close to each other.

Trisha Leigh said...

That idea is hilarious and full of awesome.

Congrats on your early publication! :)

Jude said...

i'm always up for a good laugh on the toilet!

C. N. Nevets said...

I have three friends who are down there. I've asked them if they could keep their eyes out for it. If I get a pic either way, I'll get it to you!

Gary Corby said...

Stop the presses (such as they are). We have an image!

I've appended it to the post.

Thanks Rachel!

Peter Cooper said...

I love the story, but the placement makes it so much better. Flush and Flash - great idea!

Gary Corby said...

You're right, Peter. It brings a whole new meaning to flash fiction.

_*rachel*_ said...

Ow, the puns!

And it's in my dorm, so you can't get in without a key. But hey, coffee or tea sounds good. NaNoWriMo meetings are Wednesdays right now, and they're always near refreshments.

This post made me happy.

Stephanie Thornton said...

Okay, so I loved that story the first time you mentioned it. And I think Poets in the Potty is a hilarious idea. Great photo too!