Dead Bolt

Some time ago I wrote about finding one of the books of a US author friend in a resort town in New South Wales, in Australia.  Someone must have bought the book in the US, carried it to Oz, then left it in an obscure place, only to be found by someone who happened to know the author.  A weird coincidence.

Said author was Juliet  Blackwell, whose latest novel Dead Bolt just made #24 on the NYT bestseller list.  Dead Bolt's the second of her Haunted Home Renovation mysteries.  So if you're into paranormal home improvements, this is the book for you, and a lot of people think exactly that.

Yay for Juliet!


2 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

Funny coincidence! Congratulations to Juliet--her book sounds very fun!

I just read your prior post on voice in historicals (I only just emerged from my writing cave). I, too, never went to Oxford, and prefer a less formal voice. A formal voice makes the characters less accessible to most readers which is the exact opposite of what I want as a writer. More people need to read historicals--they're the best! (Not that I'm biased or anything).

Gary Corby said...

Hi Stephanie. Yes! Accessibility is the key. Because authors like to have readers. We're funny like that.